Yes, yes I know I’ve rattled on about next month’s Happiness Project Goal being Health…but I felt like making ice cream! Plus, it’s not March yet!
This is a recipe I’ve used before with much success. I used the basic chocolate ice cream recipe from the booklet that came with my ice cream machine and then added bits of homemade chic chip cookie dough. If you haven’t tried the world’s best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe yet…why not!? You can find it here.
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch process preferred)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the cocoa and both sugars in a medium bowl and stir to combine
- Add the milk
- Mix on low speed (or whisk) to combine until cocoa and sugars are dissolved
- Stir in heavy cream and vanilla
- Pour into ice cream machine and follow manufacturers instructions
- Add small rolled balls of chocolate chip cookie dough to mixture 5 minutes before it is done
- Transfer to freezer safe container and freeze
This recipe is so yummy! Enjoy!