Many people claim to possess the best recipes in the world for various popular meals and treats. I am no different. I hereby swear to have the best choc chip cookie recipe ever.
Ok, it has to be said that looks wise, these cookies are a bit average. But what they lack in visual appeal they make up in taste.
This recipe is an old favourite and the only one I will ever make. It was my granny’s recipe. Being close to my heart it was this recipe that I chose to christen my brand new retro baby pink KITCHENAID mixer with….
Granny’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 65 grams butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 125 grams (or 1 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 250 grams choc-chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees
- Mix sugar and butter together
- Add vanilla and egg and mix
- Mix in sifted flour and baking powder
- Add milk and choc chips and mix
- Roll dough into small balls and place on greased baking tray a few centimetres apart (this mixture spreads a bit)
- Bake for 10-15mins (no more otherwise they’re too crunchy!)